Founded in 1982, the Professional Women Singers Association advances careers of women singers and promotes musical excellence. It functions as a network of distinguished women singers who support each other in their professional work in opera, musical theater, concert and cabaret performance, and sacred music in churches and synagogues.
• Promote the talents of its singers to the greater musical community
• Strive to keep abreast of professional singing opportunities for its members
• Award grants to individual members to help defray costs of recitals
• Sponsor master classes and seminars on relevant areas of interest to singers
• Provide a forum for members to discuss information pertinent to a singing career
• Produce pro bono outreach concerts by members in community centers
• Produce quality recital opportunities for members to work with leading professionals in the field of music
Performing Members are selected by auditions judged by a panel of established conductors, singing coaches and stage directors to maintain a high level of professionalism in the roster. PWSA also has vibrant Affiliate Members who participate in the professional development opportunities sponsored by PWSA. For audition information click here.
PWSA is a 501(c)(3) corporation under IRS regulations. All contributions are tax-deductible to the extent provided by law.